What does a Team Assembler do?
Work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling an entire product or component of a product. Team assemblers can perform all tasks conducted by the team in the assembly process and rotate through all or most of them rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis. May participate in making management decisions affecting the work. Includes team leaders who work as part of the team.
- Rotate through all the tasks required in a particular production process.
- Determine work assignments and procedures.
- Provide assistance in the production of wiring assemblies.
- Perform quality checks on products and parts.
- Package finished products and prepare them for shipment.
- Shovel, sweep, or otherwise clean work areas.
- Review work orders and blueprints to ensure work is performed according to specifications.
- Complete production reports to communicate team production level to management.
- Maintain production equipment and machinery.
- Supervise assemblers and train employees on job procedures.
- Operate machinery and heavy equipment, such as forklifts.