What does a Statistical Assistant do?
Compile and compute data according to statistical formulas for use in statistical studies. May perform actuarial computations and compile charts and graphs for use by actuaries. Includes actuarial clerks.
- Compute and analyze data, using statistical formulas and computers or calculators.
- Enter data into computers for use in analyses or reports.
- Compile statistics from source materials, such as production or sales records, quality-control or test records, time sheets, or survey sheets.
- Compile reports, charts, or graphs that describe and interpret findings of analyses.
- Check source data to verify completeness and accuracy.
- Participate in the publication of data or information.
- Discuss data presentation requirements with clients.
- File data and related information and maintain and update databases.
- Select statistical tests for analyzing data.
- Organize paperwork, such as survey forms or reports, for distribution or analysis.
- Code data prior to computer entry, using lists of codes.
- Check survey responses for errors, such as the use of pens instead of pencils, and set aside response forms that cannot be used.
- Interview people and keep track of their responses.
- Send out surveys.