What does a Rock Splitter, Quarry do?
Separate blocks of rough dimension stone from quarry mass using jackhammer and wedges.
- Locate grain line patterns to determine how rocks will split when cut.
- Remove pieces of stone from larger masses, using jackhammers, wedges, and other tools.
- Insert wedges and feathers into holes, and drive wedges with sledgehammers to split stone sections from masses.
- Mark dimensions or outlines on stone prior to cutting, using rules and chalk lines.
- Cut slabs of stone into sheets that will be used for floors or counters.
- Set charges of explosives to split rock.
- Drill holes along outlines, using jackhammers.
- Drill holes into sides of stones broken from masses, insert dogs or attach slings, and direct removal of stones.
- Cut grooves along outlines, using chisels.