What does a Packer and Packager, Hand do?
Pack or package by hand a wide variety of products and materials.
- Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
- Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
- Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas such as loading docks.
- Seal containers or materials, using glues, fasteners, nails, and hand tools.
- Load materials and products into package processing equipment.
- Assemble, line, and pad cartons, crates, and containers, using hand tools.
- Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
- Transport packages to customers' vehicles.
- Place or pour products or materials into containers, using hand tools and equipment, or fill containers from spouts or chutes.
- Obtain, move, and sort products, materials, containers, and orders, using hand tools.