What does a Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutter and Trimmer do?
Use hand or hand tools to perform routine cutting and trimming of meat, poultry, and seafood.
- Use knives, cleavers, meat saws, bandsaws, or other equipment to perform meat cutting and trimming.
- Clean, trim, slice, and section carcasses for future processing.
- Cut and trim meat to prepare for packing.
- Remove parts, such as skin, feathers, scales or bones, from carcass.
- Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat.
- Produce hamburger meat and meat trimmings.
- Process primal parts into cuts that are ready for retail use.
- Obtain and distribute specified meat or carcass.
- Separate meats and byproducts into specified containers and seal containers.
- Weigh meats and tag containers for weight and contents.
- Clean and salt hides.
- Prepare sausages, luncheon meats, hot dogs, and other fabricated meat products, using meat trimmings and hamburger meat.
- Prepare ready-to-heat foods by filleting meat or fish or cutting it into bite-sized pieces, preparing and adding vegetables or applying sauces or breading.