What does a Machine Feeder and Offbearer do?
Feed materials into or remove materials from machines or equipment that is automatic or tended by other workers.
- Inspect materials and products for defects, and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Remove materials and products from machines and equipment, and place them in boxes, trucks or conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
- Push dual control buttons and move controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment.
- Identify and mark materials, products, and samples, following instructions.
- Load materials and products into machines and equipment, or onto conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
- Clean and maintain machinery, equipment, and work areas to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Weigh or measure materials or products to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Fasten, package, or stack materials and products, using hand tools and fastening equipment.
- Record production and operational data, such as amount of materials processed.
- Add chemicals, solutions, or ingredients to machines or equipment as required by the manufacturing process.
- Transfer materials and products to and from machinery and equipment, using industrial trucks or hand trucks.
- Open and close gates of belt and pneumatic conveyors on machines that are fed directly from preceding machines.
- Shovel or scoop materials into containers, machines, or equipment for processing, storage, or transport.