What does a Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendant do?
Provide personal items to patrons or customers in locker rooms, dressing rooms, or coatrooms.
- Assign dressing room facilities, locker space, or clothing containers to patrons of athletic or bathing establishments.
- Answer customer inquiries or explain cost, availability, policies, and procedures of facilities.
- Check supplies to ensure adequate availability, and order new supplies when necessary.
- Refer guest problems or complaints to supervisors.
- Clean and polish footwear, using brushes, sponges, cleaning fluid, polishes, waxes, liquid or sole dressing, and daubers.
- Report and document safety hazards, potentially hazardous conditions, and unsafe practices and procedures.
- Operate washing machines and dryers to clean soiled apparel and towels.
- Monitor patrons' facility use to ensure that rules and regulations are followed, and safety and order are maintained.
- Procure beverages, food, and other items as requested.
- Activate emergency action plans and administer first aid, as necessary.
- Store personal possessions for patrons, issue claim checks for articles stored, and return articles on receipt of checks.
- Provide towels and sheets to clients in public baths, steam rooms, and restrooms.
- Collect soiled linen or clothing for laundering.
- Operate controls that regulate temperatures or room environments.
- Attend to needs of athletic teams in clubhouses.
- Provide assistance to patrons by performing duties such as opening doors and carrying bags.
- Stencil identifying information on equipment.
- Maintain inventories of clothing or uniforms, accessories, equipment, or linens.
- Issue gym clothes, uniforms, towels, athletic equipment, and special athletic apparel.
- Maintain a lost-and-found collection.
- Set up various apparatus or athletic equipment.
- Provide or arrange for services such as clothes pressing, cleaning, and repair.
- Clean facilities such as floors and locker rooms.