What does a Geothermal Production Manager do?
Manage operations at geothermal power generation facilities. Maintain and monitor geothermal plant equipment for efficient and safe plant operations.
- Conduct well field site assessments.
- Select and implement corrosion control or mitigation systems for geothermal plants.
- Communicate geothermal plant conditions to employees.
- Troubleshoot and make minor repairs to geothermal plant instrumentation or electrical systems.
- Record, review or maintain daily logs, reports, maintenance, and other records associated with geothermal operations.
- Prepare environmental permit applications or compliance reports.
- Obtain permits for constructing, upgrading, or operating geothermal power plants.
- Perform or direct the performance of preventative maintenance on geothermal plant equipment.
- Negotiate interconnection agreements with other utilities.
- Monitor geothermal operations, using programmable logic controllers.
- Identify opportunities to improve plant electrical equipment, controls, or process control methodologies.
- Identify and evaluate equipment, procedural, or conditional inefficiencies involving geothermal plant systems.
- Develop operating plans and schedules for geothermal operations.
- Develop or manage budgets for geothermal operations.
- Supervise employees in geothermal power plants or well fields.
- Oversee geothermal plant operations, maintenance, and repairs to ensure compliance with applicable standards or regulations.
- Inspect geothermal plant or injection well fields to verify proper equipment operations.