What does a Fitnes and Wellnes Coordinator do?
Manage or coordinate fitness and wellness programs and services. Manage and train staff of wellness specialists, health educators, or fitness instructors.
- Track attendance, participation, or performance data related to wellness events.
- Provide individual support or counseling in general wellness or nutrition.
- Maintain or arrange for maintenance of fitness equipment or facilities.
- Develop marketing campaigns to promote a healthy lifestyle or participation in fitness or wellness programs.
- Conduct needs assessments or surveys to determine interest in, or satisfaction with, wellness and fitness programs, events, or services.
- Teach fitness classes to improve strength, flexibility, cardiovascular conditioning, or general fitness of participants.
- Select or supervise contractors, such as event hosts or health, fitness, and wellness practitioners.
- Respond to customer, public, or media requests for information about wellness programs or services.
- Recommend or approve new program or service offerings to promote wellness and fitness, produce revenues, or minimize costs.
- Prepare or implement budgets and strategic, operational, purchasing, or maintenance plans.
- Organize and oversee health screenings or other preventive measures, such as mammography, blood pressure, or cholesterol screenings or flu vaccinations.
- Organize and oversee events such as organized runs or walks.
- Demonstrate proper operation of fitness equipment, such as resistance machines, cardio machines, free weights, or fitness assessment devices.
- Manage or oversee fitness or recreation facilities, ensuring safe and clean facilities and equipment.
- Maintain wellness- and fitness-related schedules, records, or reports.
- Conduct or facilitate training sessions or seminars for wellness and fitness staff.
- Develop fitness or wellness classes, such as yoga, aerobics, strength training, or aquatics, ensuring a diversity of class offerings.
- Supervise fitness or wellness specialists, such as fitness instructors, nutritionists, or health educators.
- Develop or coordinate fitness and wellness programs or services.
- Interpret insurance data or Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) data to develop programs that address specific needs of target populations.
- Organize and oversee fitness or wellness programs, such as information presentations, blood drives, or training in first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Track cost-containment strategies and programs to evaluate effectiveness.
- Use computer skills and software to manage Web sites or databases, publish newsletters, or provide webinars.