What does a First-Line Supervisor of Construction Trade and Extraction Worker do?
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of construction or extraction workers.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
- Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
- Coordinate work activities with other construction project activities.
- Order or requisition materials or supplies.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
- Record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction or extraction activities, using hand tools or other equipment.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, or company policies.
- Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
- Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
- Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.