What does a Farm Labor Contractor do?
Recruit and hire seasonal or temporary agricultural laborers. May transport, house, and provide meals for workers.
- Pay wages of contracted farm laborers.
- Provide food, drinking water, and field sanitation facilities to contracted workers.
- Recruit and hire agricultural workers.
- Employ foremen to deal directly with workers when recruiting, hiring, instructing, assigning tasks, and enforcing work rules.
- Supervise the work of contracted employees.
- Furnish tools for employee use.
- Direct and transport workers to appropriate work sites.
- Provide check-cashing services to employees.