What does a Door-To-Door Sale Worker, News and Street Vendor, and Related Worker do?
Sell goods or services door-to-door or on the street.
- Deliver merchandise and collect payment.
- Write and record orders for merchandise or enter orders into computers.
- Explain products or services and prices and demonstrate use of products.
- Contact customers to persuade them to purchase merchandise or services.
- Arrange buying parties and solicit sponsorship of such parties to sell merchandise.
- Answer questions about product features and benefits.
- Circulate among potential customers or travel by foot, truck, automobile, or bicycle to deliver or sell merchandise or services.
- Develop prospect lists.
- Distribute product samples or literature that details products or services.
- Order or purchase supplies.
- Set up and display sample merchandise at parties or stands.
- Stock carts or stands.