What does a Credit Authorizer do?
Authorize credit charges against customers' accounts.
- Keep records of customers' charges and payments.
- Evaluate customers' computerized credit records and payment histories to decide whether to approve new credit, based on predetermined standards.
- File sales slips in customers' ledgers for billing purposes.
- Receive charge slips or credit applications by mail, or receive information from salespeople or merchants by telephone.
- Mail charge statements to customers.
- Prepare credit cards or charge account plates.