What does a Counter Attendant, Cafeterium, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop do?
Serve food to diners at counter or from a steam table.
- Scrub and polish counters, steam tables, and other equipment, and clean glasses, dishes, and fountain equipment.
- Serve food, beverages, or desserts to customers in such settings as take-out counters of restaurants or lunchrooms, business or industrial establishments, hotel rooms, and cars.
- Replenish foods at serving stations.
- Take customers' orders and write ordered items on tickets, giving ticket stubs to customers when needed to identify filled orders.
- Wrap menu item such as sandwiches, hot entrees, and desserts for serving or for takeout.
- Prepare bills for food, using cash registers, calculators, or adding machines, and accept payment or make change.
- Deliver orders to kitchens, and pick up and serve food when it is ready.
- Serve salads, vegetables, meat, breads, and cocktails, ladle soups and sauces, portion desserts, and fill beverage cups and glasses.
- Add relishes and garnishes to food orders, according to instructions.
- Carve meat.
- Order items needed to replenish supplies.
- Set up dining areas for meals and clear them following meals.
- Brew coffee and tea, and fill containers with requested beverages.
- Balance receipts and payments in cash registers.
- Arrange reservations for patrons of dining establishments.
- Cook food or prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, and ice cream dishes, using standard formulas or following directions.
- Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, and washing dishes, to keep equipment and facilities sanitary.