What does a Cook, Private Household do?
Prepare meals in private homes. Includes personal chefs.
- Plan menus according to employers' needs and diet restrictions.
- Shop for or order food and kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Peel, wash, trim, and cook vegetables and meats, and bake breads and pastries.
- Prepare meals in private homes according to employers' recipes or tastes, handling all meals for the family and possibly for other household staff.
- Stock, organize, and clean kitchens and cooking utensils.
- Specialize in preparing fancy dishes or food for special diets.
- Create and explore new cuisines.
- Direct the operation and organization of kitchens and all food-related activities, including the presentation and serving of food.
- Plan and prepare food for parties, holiday meals, luncheons, special functions, and other social events.
- Serve meals and snacks to employing families and their guests.
- Travel with employers to vacation homes to provide meal preparation at those locations.