What does a Combined Food Preparation and Serving Worker, Including Fast Food do?
Perform duties which combine preparing and serving food and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Accept payment from customers, and make change as necessary.
- Request and record customer orders, and compute bills using cash registers, multi counting machines, or pencil and paper.
- Serve customers in eating places that specialize in fast service and inexpensive carry-out food.
- Prepare and serve cold drinks, or frozen milk drinks or desserts, using drink-dispensing, milkshake, or frozen custard machines.
- Select food items from serving or storage areas and place them in dishes, on serving trays, or in take-out bags.
- Notify kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
- Cook or reheat food items such as french fries.
- Wash dishes, glassware, and silverware after meals.
- Collect and return dirty dishes to the kitchen for washing.
- Relay food orders to cooks.
- Distribute food to servers.
- Serve food and beverages to guests at banquets or other social functions.
- Provide caterers with assistance in food preparation or service.
- Pack food, dishes, utensils, tablecloths, and accessories for transportation from catering or food preparation establishments to locations designated by customers.
- Arrange tables and decorations according to instructions.
- Clean and organize eating, service, and kitchen areas.
- Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints.
- Prepare daily food items, and cook simple foods and beverages, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, pizza, or coffee, using proper safety precautions and sanitary measures.
- Perform personnel activities such as supervising and training employees.
- Monitor and order supplies or food items and restock as necessary to maintain inventory.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver meals to individuals with special dietary needs.