What does a Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicer and Repairer do?
Install, service, adjust, or repair coin, vending, or amusement machines including video games, juke boxes, pinball machines, or slot machines.
- Fill machines with products, ingredients, money, and other supplies.
- Keep records of merchandise distributed and money collected.
- Collect coins and bills from machines, prepare invoices, and settle accounts with concessionaires.
- Make service calls to maintain and repair machines.
- Inspect machines and meters to determine causes of malfunctions and fix minor problems such as jammed bills or stuck products.
- Test machines to determine proper functioning.
- Contact other repair personnel or make arrangements for the removal of machines in cases where major repairs are required.
- Clean and oil machine parts.
- Record transaction information on forms or logs, and notify designated personnel of discrepancies.
- Adjust machine pressure gauges and thermostats.
- Maintain records of machine maintenance and repair.
- Replace malfunctioning parts, such as worn magnetic heads on automatic teller machine (ATM) card readers.
- Adjust and repair coin, vending, or amusement machines and meters and replace defective mechanical and electrical parts, using hand tools, soldering irons, and diagrams.
- Order parts needed for machine repairs.
- Disassemble and assemble machines, according to specifications and using hand and power tools.
- Install machines, making the necessary water and electrical connections in compliance with codes.
- Refer to manuals and wiring diagrams to gather information needed to repair machines.
- Transport machines to installation sites.
- Prepare repair cost estimates.