What does a Brownfield Redevelopment Specialist and Site Manager do?
Plan and direct cleanup and redevelopment of contaminated properties for reuse. Does not include properties sufficiently contaminated to qualify as Superfund sites.
- Review or evaluate environmental remediation project proposals.
- Review or evaluate designs for contaminant treatment or disposal facilities.
- Provide training on hazardous material or waste cleanup procedures and technologies.
- Provide expert witness testimony on issues such as soil, air, or water contamination and associated cleanup measures.
- Prepare reports or presentations to communicate brownfield redevelopment needs, status, or progress.
- Negotiate contracts for services or materials needed for environmental remediation.
- Prepare and submit permit applications for demolition, cleanup, remediation, or construction projects.
- Maintain records of decisions, actions, and progress related to environmental redevelopment projects.
- Inspect sites to assess environmental damage or monitor cleanup progress.
- Plan or implement brownfield redevelopment projects to ensure safety, quality, and compliance with applicable standards or requirements.
- Identify environmental contamination sources.
- Estimate costs for environmental cleanup and remediation of land redevelopment projects.
- Develop or implement plans for revegetation of brownfield sites.
- Design or implement plans for surface or ground water remediation.
- Design or implement plans for structural demolition and debris removal.
- Design or implement measures to improve the water, air, and soil quality of military test sites, abandoned mine land, or other contaminated sites.
- Design or conduct environmental restoration studies.
- Coordinate the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Coordinate on-site activities for environmental cleanup or remediation projects to ensure compliance with environmental laws, standards, regulations, or other requirements.
- Conduct quantitative risk assessments for human health, environmental, or other risks.
- Conduct feasibility or cost-benefit studies for environmental remediation projects.
- Develop or implement plans for the sustainable regeneration of brownfield sites to ensure regeneration of a wider area by providing environmental protection or economic and social benefits.