What does a Barista do?
Prepare or serve specialty coffee or other beverages. Serve food such as baked goods or sandwiches to patrons.
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
- Clean service or seating areas.
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
- Order, receive, or stock supplies or retail products.
- Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation descriptions.
- Receive and process customer payments.
- Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, or bagels.
- Stock customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
- Take customer orders and convey them to other employees for preparation.
- Take out garbage.
- Weigh, grind, or pack coffee beans for customers.
- Wrap, label, or date food items for sale.
- Create signs to advertise store products or events.
- Demonstrate the use of retail equipment, such as espresso machines.
- Prepare or serve menu items, such as sandwiches or salads.
- Set up or restock product displays.
- Slice fruits, vegetables, desserts, or meats for use in food service.