at Hutech Head Office
Position: Credit Controller (Temporary positions)
Salary: Market Related
Location: West Rand Krugersdorp
Collection of amounts due to the company by our customers.
Resolve queries and ensure that customers receive statements and supporting documents timeously.
EDUCATION SKILLS REQUIREMENT:
- Minimum Matric - Grade 12. With accounting
- Diploma or Degree in accounting or studying towards an equivalent qualification.
- Advanced computer skills
- Syspro advantageous
- Proficient in Advanced Microsoft Excel spreadsheet applications and macros
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA / JOB DUTIES:
- Processing of customers payments and journals for approximately 100 vendors.
- Reconciliation of customer accounts and timeous resolving of all queries and overdue accounts.
- Preparation of monthly customer’s statement runs and forwarding same to customers to ensure timeous settlement of account.
- Calculation of forex variance following receipt of foreign fund for exports.
- Maintain audit trial of all vendor master file changes.
- Weekly review of credit summary report and taking corrective action to prevent delayed payments.Ensuring that request for refunds and credits are accompanied by all supporting documentation for authorization.
- Preparing monthly projections of cash receipts
- Prepare weekly report of overdue invoices and progress made to expedite payment for distribution to Management and KAM’s.
- Tending to vetting of customers for credit worthiness on EXPERIAN.
- Filing of all processed documentation and financial records and involvement with ad hoc activities.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as requested not covered in the above requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Timeous collection of debtors book according to customer terms.
- Ensure prompt distribution of customer statements
- Resolving customer queries.
- Providing required documentation to customers to ensure prompt settlement
- Analyze requests for refunds and credit notes correctness thereof.
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Exposure to an accounting environment preferably accounts receivable.
- Good understanding of compliance requirements in an accounting environment.
- Experience with collections of outstanding accounts.
COMPETENCIES / ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Responsible, accountable and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, confident and assertive.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in SYSPRO, spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Timorous execution of tasks.
- You will at all times comply with the Companies Management Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Program Requirements.
- You are required to familiarize yourself with the Companies Management Safety, Health Environmental and Quality Program Requirements so as to ensure that you are fully aware of your rights and obligations under the program.
- You are required to comply with the relevant Safety, Health, Environmental, and Quality & Legal requirements as defined in the Companies Legal Register / SHEQ Management System at all times.
- You will execute your safety, health, environmental & quality duties as prescribed by additional appointments, policy and procedures allocated to you.
- You should also have due regard for the safety and health of employees and interested and effected parties and comply with the safety, health, environmental & quality rules and procedures of the Companies customers and Stakeholders.
- Good attention to detail
- Honesty and integrity
- Able to work under pressure and achieving deadlines as required.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks in all areas of the department as and when required.
forward a Word formatted CV together with all supporting documents and qualifications to: