Senior Associate ( Assurance) ( Vacancy 1)
at Manpower SA
My client has experienced the impact of extraordinary technological change over recent years. All of their clients are impacted by digital advancements. We are also seeing that clients are changing how they work increasingly working remotely and across multiple locations. For the Company this means designing an operating model where they improve quality, deliver outstanding value to their clients, automate and digitise parts of the audit and create a better experience for the people. Audit Centres of Excellence (COEs) are one of the key priorities to respond to this challenge. COEs are responsible for the execution, supervision, documentation, review and sign off (in Aura) of standardized audit procedures in specific FSLIs. Engagement leaders will remain responsible for the overall audit. COE roles are well designed for staff who seek additional flexibility in their work life. COE managers will be office based, working remotely on audits and supervising audit trainees that will rotate into the COEs for parts of the year. COEs will fully execute the delivery of complete FSLIs in Aura, including liaising directly with clients, as well as interacting with the SDC and client facing audit team. In phase 1 this will include the audit of Cash & Bank and Accounts Receivable, but will extend to Property, Plant & Equipment (PP&E), Accounts Payable, Investments and beyond in the next 3 years. My client is seeking COE Supervisors ( Senior Associates) to assist the Activity Lead Managers in leading all aspects of the delivery of the Cash & Bank and Accounts Receivable FSLI activities, as well as the additional expanded FSLIs once introduced. A supervisor ( Senior Associate) in the COE will not be linked to a specific FSLI but will be allocated a client portfolio for which they will take overall responsibility across COEs. The performers (Associates) will be mapped to specific FSLIs and they will only perform work on that FSLI for a prescribed period of time. Supervisors will supervise, coach and review the work of the performers for their client portfolio.In this role the Supervisor will play a major part in ensuring the overall quality of work delivered by the COE.
- Be a coach and mentor to those performing the audit of Cash & Bank and Accounts Receivable.
- Perform more complex work requested by audit teams.
- Assist the Activity Lead Manager with general administration.
- Review work performed, in line with technical requirements and operating procedures.
- Interact directly with clients, virtually.
- Attend meetings with front-line delivery teams, virtually.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with both clients and front-line engagement teams, to enable high quality delivery
- Drive continuing innovation in how we deliver the audit in these areas, including identifying opportunities for greater automation.
- Assist the Activity Lead Manager in managing a large team of people, including supervision, coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Manage work requests by assisting the Activity Lead Manager to:
- Prepare budgets for new requests,
- Allocating new requests to staff,
- Monitor correspondence with regard to requests that are in progress,
- Follow up on progress of current requests,
- Monitor independence requirements for each request.
- Collaborate with the SDC to perform the non-judgemental work.
- Manage the relationship between the SDC and COE.
The following skills are required for this role:
- 3 to 4 years related experience in a professional services firm and completion of Articles.
- Strong planning, time management and organisation skills.
- Sound management skills, with experience of working with diverse backgrounds.
- Work effectively under pressure and handle confidential matters with tact and professionalism.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, at all levels.
- Solid understanding of audit methodology and up to date technical knowledge of key audit areas.
- The ability to think creatively and innovate with new solutions.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Pragmatic problem-solving approach.
- Strong work ethic.
- Detail orientated, and deadline driven.
- Punctual, flexible and responsive.
- Enthusiasm and passion to deliver exceptional client service.
- Good interpersonal and client liaison skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Computer literate, highly proficient in Microsoft office suite and Google Suite.
- IFRS and IFRS for SMEs knowledge.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted