Data Scientist Role based within Finance Business Unit.
The role of the Data Scientist is:
- Co-creating Advanced Machine Learning products that drives revenue, reduce cost and increase customer experience.
- Developing predictive models with large and varied datasets, working with a community of colleagues across Advanced Machine Learning, technology, and data and customer functions
- Contributing to the wider community to enable an Advanced Machine Learning capability across Vodafone globally.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Development of machine learning models for various areas of the business on the Big Data Platform
- Development of prototype code in e.g. PySpark for automated training and scoring of the machine learning models
- Uses data visualisation to engage audience in a compelling way, enabling effective storytelling
- Work with lead data scientist to deliver key packages of work to meet the needs of business customers
- Works in partnership with Big Data Engineering for data ingestion to support use cases
- Works in partnership with Big Data Production Data Engineering for model automation and productionising
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Social Sciences, Data Journalism, or related fields
- Expertise in data manipulation: use of structured data tools (e.g., SQL), & unstructured data tools and platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL)
Proficiency in at least o