at Swift Careers
Responsible for the creation and maintenance of an effective industrial/workplace relations function that facilitates good employer employee relations. Monitor the workplace relations environment, interpret and comply with labour legislation and procedures governing employment relationships.In this position, the job incumbent will be part of the Human Resource team reporting to the Operational Excellence Manager. The Human Resources section plays a critical role in best practice people management.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate the Industrial Relations functions company-wide, including representing the company at the relevant dispute resolution tribunals/bodies.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate the disability and ill-health management process.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate employee benefits, benefit schemes and the employee wellness program.
- Effective cost control.
- Leading high-performance teams.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- National Diploma in Labour Relations;
- Minimum of 3 years Industrial Relations experience.
- A degree in Labour Law/Labour Relations will be desirable;
- 2 Years relevant industry experience will be an added advantage.
- Office based with limited travelling required.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- A person with excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- A self-motivated individual that can act autonomously to achieve objectives;
- An individual with sound knowledge of the South African Constitution, labour and other legislation, case law, corporate governance and general management best practices;
- A person with eagerness to analyse and solve problems.
- Deciding & initiating action;
- Working with people;
- Applying expertise & technology;
- Learning & researching;
- Planning and organising;
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations;
- Following instructions & procedures;
- Attention to detail;