Position Purpose:Produces logical and technical specifications from functional specifications and writes the code for medium to large applications in procedural / legacy environments. Responsible for designing and coding new systems and changes to existing systems and is responsible for the design of relevant databases, in conjunction with the Data Architect. Incumbent carries out systems analyses, design, coding, program debugging, system testing, security assessments, performance assessments and user interfaces. Applying Main Frame, Desktop and Embedded Technologies within Legacy / Procedural Application Environments. Delivering results with IT development language and types such as COBOL, ADABAS and Delphi.
Qualification & Experience:
- Life insurance experience essential.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role.
Analysis and Design Tasks
- Produce functional and technical specifications in UML.
- Produce non-functional specifications.
- Produce detailed use case realisations of requirements.
- Ensure that all outputs adhere to companys reference architecture and design philosophy.
- Conduct functional code and design reviews.
- Ensure code adheres to agreed design patterns and companys blueprint architecture.
- Scope and estimate work effort for new requirements and system changes.
- Produce detailed activity plan for PMs to manage.
- Identify potential risks/issues that may require mitigation.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure confirmation of requirements.
- Quality-assure business-oriented requirements specifications.
- On-board developers to understand designs that require coding.
- Detail the test impact of new requirements and system changes.
- Assist with identification of test cases and test data.
Knowledge and Skills
- System design and configuration based on functional specifications
- System testing
- Performance and security assessments
- IT governance and compliance