A leading global company is looking for a experienced and dynamic Financial Accountant (CA) to join their team Port Elizabeth based team.
Primary purpose of the role:The Financial Accountant will manage the day-to-day accounting and reporting functions of the company by maintaining and producing financial information and accounting tasks of company accounts and records. This role will also support the General Manager Finance in carrying out responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department. The role will relieve the General Manager Finance of certain responsibilities that will allow for a greater portion of time to be spent on financial statement preparation and analysis, budget and variance issues, and forecasting.
- Reviewing the general ledger and preparing the reconciliations monthly to ensure allocations are done correctly
- Perform monthly financial close by processing monthly journals for (not exhaustive):
- Standard monthly journals
- Support and maintain accounts receivable and payable process enhancements to insure integrity of finances based on sound accounting procedures and controls (reconciliation). Directly driving the flow of accounts receivables and payables work within the organization. Perform the relevant posting (e.g. bank in-/outflow).
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset register; providing monthly detail for General Journal entries; insuring proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Managing and completing company finance and accounting audits.
- Support cashflow planning, updating the cashflow report on a weekly basis, forecasting the cash flow and projecting earnings and spending.
- Produce and further develop monthly management reports (standard/ad-hoc) to drive analysis on financial and management account performance.
- Analyzing the overheads against budget and providing commentary on variances to the GM Finance.
- Support Gross Profit analysis, perform variance analysis versus expectations, other periods, etc.
- Implementing recommendations on the teams duties and project guidelines in collaboration with local, regional and global finance team.
- Motivating, organizing, and encouraging teamwork within the workforce.
- Seeks internal and external input and investigates and acts upon requests, suggestions, and complaints concerning accounting policies and office operations.
- Protecting organizations value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintaining good relationships to ensure cooperation and task completion.
- Brainstorming possible solutions for issues with the accounting team.
- Preparing correspondence as needed within the department.
- Responding to inquiries regarding to accounting and the finance department.
- Remaining within company guidelines when addressing accounting inquiries.
- Escalating uncommon, complex issues to the next level for resolution when necessary.
- Brainstorming possible solutions for issues with the accounting.
- Performing other related duties, as assigned.
- CA (SA)
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting environment.
- Experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Experience as financial auditor
- Experience in Logistics