at Tower Group
Well-known FMCG Company has an exciting opportunity available for a qualified post-article Management Accountant with outstanding financial abilities. The ideal candidate would be young, open to traveling between sites, have excellent communication skills and be proficient in Afrikaans and reside in the Mpumalanga area.Your ability to build, train and develop strong financial teams will secure this position.
- Responsible for financial reports, budgets, forecasts, statuary and year-end tax packs
- Applying the correct accounting principles and ensure that all procedures are in compliance with IFRS
- Assist in Audits and ensure compliance with internal control requirements.
- Responsible for financial assessment and final editing of capital applications and post implementation reports
- Ensures that Journal entries of the financial accountants are accurately recorded and approved
- Review GL accounts and ensure correct cost allocations
- Formulates, finishes and issues monthly financial overview of BUs
- Reviews the monthly balance sheet reconciliations completed by the financial accountants
- Determines and reviews the financial viability of any capital expenditure proposal
- Record capex approval process and monitors capex projects with regards to actual expenditure vs. approved expenditure
- Ensures that the GL balances with the fixed asset register
- Monitor the physical counts of fixed assets to ensure that the fixed assets of the business units get counted during budget year on a pre-determined timetable
- Investigates and assesses the financial systems and controls of the BUs
- Assist in the implementation of new financial systems when required
- Ensures that inventory cycle counts are performed regularly, according to a pre-determined timetable
- Ensures that all inventory adjustments are properly approved
- Compiles annual budget pack from budget working files
- Facilitates and responsible for final preparation of weekly forecast of BUs.
- Prepares and completes financial year-end packs of the GL sites
- Compiles statutory year-end and tax pack from various financial sources and working files
- Management of staff according to financial controls, company policy and sound organization principles
- Manage Creditors function
- Analysing current level of insurance and adjusting as necessary to ensure appropriate cover
- Grade 12 Certificate (Matric) not negotiable
- Tertiary Qualification B. Com Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 -3 years experience as a Management Accountant within the Manufacturing or FMCG environment
- Experience in budgeting procedures, financial reporting and analysis, cost analysis and standard costing
- Must be proficient in Afrikaans
- Computer Literate: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, software applications, databases and MS Word
- Preference would be given to CASA or SAICA registered candidates
- Valid Drivers license and reliable transport.